The special session on “Polytopes-Algebra-Computation”,
in the context of Applications of Computer Algebra - ACA 2021,
will focus on the interaction of polyhedral geometry with algebra and algebraic geometry from a computational viewpoint.
Topics of interest
Everything in the intersection of polyhedral geometry, algebraic geometry and algorithms, including but not limited to:
- Polytopes in algebra and algebraic geometry
- Newton polytopes
- Computational Ehrhart theory
- Algebraic aspects of polytopes
- Algebraic applications of computational geometry
- Applications of Polytopes (e.g., statistics, combinatorics etc.)
- Software - Normaliz, polymake, 4ti2, barvinok, gfan, LattE, etc.
- Winfried Bruns - Normaliz meets Lawrence: polytope volume by signed decomposition
- Carles Checa - Tropical refinement
- Antonio Macchia - Slack realization spaces and realizability of polytopes
- Cihan Okay - A hidden variable model for universal quantum computation with magic states on qubits
- Gizem Süngü - Parallel Polyhedal Omega
- Mesut Şahin - Codes on Subgroups of Weighted Projective Torus
Call for contribution
You are welcome to submit short abstracts on topics related to the topics of PAC.
The submission is done via email to Zafeirakis Zafeirakopoulos.
ACA 2020 - Applications of Computer Algebra
PAC will take place as a special session in the context of the
ACA - “Applications of Computer Algebra” conference.